- Recent Posts
- How to Spend Less on Massachusetts Home Comfort This Season
- Breathe Easy with Improved Indoor Air Quality
- Winter Safety Tips for MA Residents: Help Us Help You
- Your Checklist for a Safe and Happy Home During the Holidays
- 4 Signs That It Is Time to Replace Your Heating System
- Expert Advice: Easy Ways to Save Energy This Fall
- Why Trust a Full-Service Oil Delivery & HVAC Provider?
Expert Advice: Easy Ways to Save Energy This Fall
October 3, 2019
Fall is here! Homeowners in Massachusetts know that chillier temperatures mean more than just changing leaves. Fall is the time to start preparing for the coming winter. Take a tip from your local heating fuel and HVAC professionals and use these simple energy-saving tips to keep heating bills low.
Lower Your Heating Bills & Home Energy Use
Add these home maintenance hacks to your autumn to-do list. Once you’re done, you can get back to enjoying the best parts of the season: Patriots games, apple and pumpkin picking, and leaf peeping.
- Book Your Annual Tune-Up
Just one yearly tune-up from a Holliston Oil HVAC technician will help your boiler or furnace run safely and smoothly. Plus, a tune-up will improve fuel efficiency, extend equipment life, and lower the risk of a mid-season breakdown.
- Consider an Upgrade
If your boiler or furnace is 15 years or older, you are probably due for an upgrade. Instead of continually repairing and maintaining your old system, you could invest those dollars in a new high-efficiency boiler or furnace. High-efficiency heating systems use fuel more efficiently, which means more effective energy use and lower heating bills for years to come.
- Add a Programmable Thermostat
This an affordable solution to save more energy. When you have a programmable thermostat, you can set it to automatically to decrease indoor temperatures when you are away or asleep. That way, you aren’t wasting precious heat.
- Get Protection
Sign up for an Oil Heat Maintenance Package for a greater peace of mind. Holliston Oil offers varying levels of coverage and each plan offers valuable energy-saving benefits like an annual tune-up and new heating system installation discounts.
Bonus Energy-Saving Tips: Incorporate these habits into your day-to-day life during the coldest months of the year to lower your energy use even further:
- Turn down water heater temperature to the warm setting, 120 degrees.
- Always keep your fireplace damper closed unless a fire is burning.
- Open curtains on south-facing windows during the daytime to let sunlight naturally raise indoor temperatures.
Do you live in Holliston, Ashland, Medway, or one of the surrounding towns? Contact Holliston Oil to schedule your heating tune-up, sign up for a service plan, or to learn about more ways you can save money and energy this fall.